We accept children of all ability levels.
Please see tabs for program information; age and ability restrictions for individual Bombers programs.
All children must be fully potty trained. No diapers or pull-ups.
Registrations are taken on a first come, first served basis until maximum capacity is reached or until the final deadline of November 18, 2017. A credit card is needed to hold your reservation. It will not be charged until mid-October.
It is in your child’s best interest to make every scheduled Bombers session so that they progress at the same rate as the team. In the event that a child misses a session and as a result, can no longer perform at the team’s new skill level, they may need to be placed on a different team.
First Day Attendance
Attendance on the first day is very important. Please make every effort to attend. Instructors will observe student’s abilities and the teams will be adjusted accordingly.
There are no refunds or makeups for missed Bombers days. Refunds are given for injury or illness with medical documentation. Refunds are given for military deployment with deployment documentation.
See below to determine the fees:
- $35 cancellation fee for December Bombers if the cancellation occurs prior to the start of the program.
- $112 cancellation fee per week of involvement in December Bombers if the cancellation occurs after the program has begun.
- No refunds will be given past week one.
- $75 cancellation fee for Bombers if the cancellation occurs prior to Nov 25.
- $100 cancellation fee for Bombers if the cancellation occurs after Nov 25.
The guest will be charged a $100 cancellation fee per week of involvement in Bombers if the cancellation occurs after the program has begun.
One of the greatest attributes of the Bombers program is to have each child with the same team from start to finish. However, the first week of the program is always spent ensuring that classes have been grouped correctly. During this time, kids may be moved to a different team. We try not to have this process spread past the first week and in most situations it does not. However, a small portion of the children will be moved again in the second/ third week of the program to ensure a good fit. This process is always going to be a part of the Bombers program no matter how hard we try to get kids into the correct class before the program even begins. Your patience and the patience of your child are appreciated during this process. Additionally, there are instances when instructors get sick or injured, or have personal situations that they must attend to. In any of these unavoidable situations, we will not offer refunds.
Finally, if your child is participating in the December Bombers program as well as the traditional Bombers program in January and February, they are not guaranteed the same team and the same instructor in both programs.
- All Bombers participants must have a lift ticket or a season pass to participate.
- To purchase a season pass please contact the Vail Resorts Sales Office (970-453-3272).
- Three and Four Year Olds can pick up a complimentary season pass at any Season Pass office or Front Range season pass sales location. The child must be present as they will need to take a photo.
- The "Epic School Kids" program does not include enough days for the Bombers program. You will still need a Season Pass or additional lift tickets for the Bombers program.
- Teams are formed based on age and ability levels. We will utilize last season Epic Mix Academy as a basis for forming Bombers teams.
- As stated above under Program Clarifications, there may be changes to teams during the first week to two weeks of the program to ensure that teams are grouped properly.
- If your child has taken a lesson at Breckenridge or another Vail Resort, will use information from their Epic Mix Academy to group your child.If your child has not taken a lesson with us in the past, you will be asked to provide a level when you register. Please see the ski/snowboard level tab on more information on leveling.
- When registering, you will be able to make any special requests for your child’s team, such as a specific instructor or having your child in the same class as a friend. These requests are not guaranteed, but we will do our best. Please make these requests under the “Special Conditions” section when you are registering.
- Requests to be with friends: will only be honored if the request is recipricol and any higher levels must ski/ride at the lowest level child in group.
Location and Time
• You will receive more information on exactly where and when to meet your instructor in an email that will be sent out before the start of Bombers.
• Bombers meet at the bottom of the Gondola in town.
- Drop off: 8:00am - 8:15am
- Pick up: 3:00pm
- Late arrivals: 9:15am - 9:30am Only at the Peak 8 Kids Castle
The role of a Bombers instructor is very important. Bombers instructors are hand selected from our Ski & Snowboard School staff. Instructors are chosen based on their skiing/ snowboarding backgrounds, their passion and experience working with children. We encourage you to be active in your child’s skiing/ snowboarding development and ask questions about his or her progress.
Participants are required to provide their own equipment. Rentals will not be provided through the Bombers Program. Breckenridge Ski Resort does not take responsibility for lost or stolen equipment. Many skis and snowboards look very much alike if not identical, therefore it is highly recommended that you put your child’s name and contact information on their equipment.
Lunch is provided and a menu is sent out at the beginning of the season. Participants who are either unable to eat the lunch being served due to allergies or if a child is a picky eater, will need to bring their own lunch. We are unable to accommodate additional options. We ask that lunches are 100% disposable and do not include any nut or nut based products.
Our ski school facilities do NOT allow any nut products due to allergies (this includes Peanut Butter). Please do not include any nuts or nut-based products with your child.
More Questions? Reach
out! 1-888-LRN-2SKI or BRskischoolprograms@vailresorts.com