3-Year-Old Individualized Lesson Program
Our 3-Year-Old Program is designed to set your child up for success. Children are instructed using a combination of indoor and outdoor activities that:
1. Promote muscle memory
2. Improve balance
3. Reinforce basic skiing skills
All this, combined with a one-on-one lesson on snow from one of our Pro ski instructors, will help your child become a happy and safe little skier.
Our one-on-one lessons benefit your child because:
- The pro can devote all of their attention to your child and not have to manage a group of children. Your child will never feel like they have to wait for attention, which is important for 3-year-olds.
- Individualized lessons pace the day appropriately for the development of a 3-year-old.
Our approach provides increased individual focus for each child with more skiing time dedicated to the child’s level and needs.
The Discovery Guide will continue through the daily schedule below with the children while the instructor rotates his/her one-on-one lessons.
|Daily Indoor Activities with the Discovery Guide
|Play and meet the other 3 year olds
|Boot Games Inside with Ski Pro
|Yoga for body awareness
|Story Time/ Rest Time
|Art/Crafts and Boot Games Refresher
|Everyone Skis as a Class
Individual skiing times are 1 hour increments throughout the day. Parents can request to be called with the child’s ski time.
All students will ski as a team @ 3:00. This is a great time to watch your child.
If requested by the parent and a 3-yr-old can stop and turn, they are welcome to ski in a 4-6 year old class.
Any questions during the day, please call 888-576-2754
- Reservations are REQUIRED and must be made 48 hours prior to arrival.
- All students MUST have a lift ticket- whether purchased as a lift and lesson package or purchased separately. Online reservation are available for Lesson/Lift and Lesson/Lift/Rental only. Please call 1888-576-2754 if the lesson participant has a season pass and you would like to reserve Ski & Ride School.
- Children’s lessons participants require Ski or Snowboard equipment and lessons may be reserved with or without a rental.
- All children participating in Ski & Ride School must wear a helmet. Helmets are included in Ski & Ride School rental packages.
- Children's classes meet at Peak 8 (Kids' Castle), Beaver Run (Peak 9) and the Village (Peak 9 – Quicksilver Chair). See Map
- Check-in is between 8:00 am and 8:45 am.
On-snow portion of classes start between 9:45-10:05 am.
- Classes end at 3:30 pm.
- Class includes lunch and snacks.
- Check out Tips for Parents and A Day In The Life above for helpful information on children’s Ski & Ride School.
- All children must be potty trained. Children wearing pull-ups will not be accepted.
- Minimum age requirements are strictly observed for safety reasons, which are based on childhood developmental research and experience.
- Sunscreen and protective eyewear are required.
- Your child must be fever-free, without medication, for a full 24 hours before participating in our children’s programs.
- For a list of other health guidelines, please ask an employee.