Peak 6 Name a Run Contest
Think you know what being a part of the Peak 6 opening historic moment means? We're looking for trail names for our new peak and we want your help. Submit your trail name and we may put it on the map and land you in our legendary history.
Besides this once-in-a-lifetime chance, we'll also give you a real trail sign with your run name on it and two 2-day lift tickets to enjoy Peak 6 when you're here.
We're not looking for any old name -- we're looking for names that sum up what Peak 6 means and what feelings and senses it awakens within you. Use the phrase "Awaken your sixth sense" as a guide. What inspires you to push your limits, to explore beyond the horizon, to dream, to dare, to find your inner zen? Names that encompass that sense of being will be much more likely to be chosen
ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE BY SEPTEMBER 13, 2013.
JUDGES WILL DETERMINE A WINNER BASED ON THE NAME'S TIE IN TO THE BRECKENRIDGE AND PEAK 6 BRAND AND HOW RELEVANT IT IS TO THE MOUNTAIN. IF MORE THAN 1 NAME IS ENTERED THAT IS THE SAME, THE FIRST ENTRANT WILL BE CHOSEN AS A WINNER.
Each entry will be judged, but the more you share the app the more we'll notice. If you’d like to submit other names outside of Facebook, please email it to BRECKINFO@VAILRESORTS.COM with the subject line “Peak 6 Run Name Contest” or send it to: Peak 6 Name a Run Contest, Breckenridge Ski Resort Marketing, PO BOX 1058 BK3, Breckenridge, CO 80424
By providing your email address or other details about yourself, we may use your personal information to contact you with regards to this contest. Please note that Vail resorts respects your privacy. We will not rent, sell or trade your email address without your permission. See our full policy on snow.com/privacy
Dates of entry period: August 26, 2013 – September 13, 2013
Selection period: September 16, 2013. Winner(s) will be announced on Facebook.
Rules: To enter, submit your name, email address, contact information and run name to be eligible to win two lift tickets for two people good at any point during the 2013-2014 season as well as an official trail sign with your name on it. All information, once submitted to the Breckenridge Facebook page are property of Breckenridge Ski Resort and Breckenridge Ski Resort reserves the right to use that information as appropriate.
Prize: Grand Prize winner receives two 2-day lift tickets and an official Breck Ski Resort trail sign with your name on it.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by The Vail Corporation located at 390 Interlocken Crescent, Suite 1000, Broomfield, Colorado 80021 (“Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. This Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico and other U.S. states or territories or where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and each of their spouses regardless where they live) or members of household of The Vail Corporation, Sponsor, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising, and publicity agencies involved in the conduct of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize. Entrant must read these Rules in their entirety. By participating, Entrant agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Entries that are offensive, vulgar, or attack any individual will be automatically disqualified. By participating, Entrants agree to these Official Rules and accept decisions of the Sponsor as final.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 11:00am Mountain Time (“MT”) on August 27, 2013 and ends at 12:30am MT on September 13, 2013 (the “Entry Period”).
5. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the sweepstakes, you must submit your design along with your first and last name, email address, city, state, and zip code, to (the “Website”). Visit the Website and complete the following steps: (i) contact and personal information in the Sweepstakes registration form; (ii) confirm your acceptance of these Official Rules; (iii) confirm affirm that you have received permission for the use of the entered text; and (iv) follow the instructions on the Website to upload your entry. Entrants may then upload an Entry in the fields indicated. The person whose name appears on the Website user account will be deemed the Entrant ("Entrant"). The Entrant must own the email address in the Website user account. If any group elects to collaborate on an Entry, they are required to designate one person as the agent of the group to enter the Sweepstakes, agree to these rules and accept the prize on behalf of the group. By providing your email address or other details about yourself, you will be added to our Breckenridge Ski Resort email subscription and we may use your personal information to contact you with regards to this event. Please note that Vail Resorts respects your privacy. We will not rent, sell or trade your email address without your permission. See our full Policy on snow.com/privacy. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected or illegible/corrupt entries; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
c. Review; Modifications. Entries may be reviewed for content; however, such review does not relieve Entrant from responsibility for compliance with all of these Official Rules. Entries that do not comply in all material respects with these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited, or inappropriate content as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified, will not be published or will be removed from the Website, and will be ineligible for prizes. Sponsor makes the final determination as to which Entries are eligible to take part in this Sweepstakes and be considered for a prize. Certain Entries may be featured from time to time on the Website or on one or more websites of Sponsor’ choosing during and following the Sweepstakes Period, in Sponsor's and Sponsor’ sole discretion.
d. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of mailing or online submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and winners, and the awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all respects. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due or illegible mail, entries or e-mail; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net or phone accessibility or availability, traffic congestion, any technical error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Any attempt by any person to obtain more than one entry by using multiple/different names, e-mail accounts, addresses or any other methods shall void all of that person's entries and that person shall be disqualified.
6. SELECTION OF WINNER. On September 16, 2013, the Sponsor will pick winner(s). The winner(s) will be awarded the grand prize, so long as the Entrant has complied with all applicable laws and regulations and these Official Rules. Entrants need not be present to win. Any Entry that does not comply with these Official Rules or does not reflect good taste (in Sponsor’s discretion) may be disqualified at any time. Your chances of winning depend on how well your Entry reflects the judging criteria, as compared to the other entries in the Sweepstakes. The one GRAND PRIZE Winner of the Sweepstakes will win the Prize described below.
7. PRIZES. Grand Prize winner receives two 2-day lift tickets good only during the 2013-2014 ski season as well as an official trail sign with your name on it.
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS APPLY.
If Winner is unable to redeem the prize during that time period, the Prize will be forfeited. In the event Sponsor determines that these restrictions have been violated, Sponsor may invalidate the Prize. Winner agrees to abide by all property rules, regulations and policies governing use of services at resort location. Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes on prizes. No cash or credit redemption, assignment, transfer or substitution of any prize or portion thereof is permitted.
8. ODDS. Odds of winning the Grand Prize in the Sweepstakes are dependent upon the number of valid entries received. Sponsor shall have sole and final decision over all matters related to the Sweepstakes. No cash or credit redemption, assignment, transfer or substitution of any prize or portion thereof is permitted; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should the prize stated become unavailable for any reason.
9. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. Each Sweepstakes winner shall be notified in person, by telephone, or by e-mail following the end of the Entry Period. If a selected winner is not available to accept the Prize, Sponsor retains the right to revoke the Prize and select an alternate Winner through the same Sweepstakes process.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Winner of Prize may be required to complete, execute and return a Prize Acceptance Affidavit, a Release of Liability, Hold-Harmless and Indemnity Agreement, and where lawful, a Publicity Release within 10 days of notification. Failure to return documents timely, or if prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, disqualification will result and an alternate winner will be selected. By accepting the prize, where permitted by law, winner grants to Sponsor and those acting pursuant to a grant of authority by Sponsor the unfettered right of publicity, including but not limited to the right to use and publish winner's name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide and on the world wide web, without notification, review or approval. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. If any provision of the Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Sweepstakes in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Sweepstakes in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Sweepstakes any and/or all entries from Entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Sweepstakes Entrants. All entries become the property of the Sponsor. By entering, you acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements, and you agree to all decisions of Sponsor and judges, which are final. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or delays that may occur, or for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind, including any damage to a user's computer equipment, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry information, or for failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor for any reason. Incomplete, garbled, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for administration of the Contest.
11. RELEASE. In consideration for entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to ASSUME ALL RISKS associated with entrance in the Sweepstakes, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Sweepstakes related activity, and agrees to hold harmless, release, defend and indemnify Rockresorts International, LLC, Sponsor, Inc., The Vail Corporation, Facebook, their subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, employees, representatives, assignees, directors, officers and shareholders (each a "Released Party") from all liabilities, litigation and/or claims for injury or death to persons or damage to property arising from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for administration of the Sweepstakes.
12. CHOICE OF LAW. ALL ENTRANTS AGREE that ANY AND ALL CLAIMS for damages, injury and/or death regarding an alleged incident, including but not limited to all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, will be GOVERNED BY COLORADO LAW and EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION will be in the District Court for the State of Colorado or in Federal Court for the State of Colorado.
13. WINNERS LIST. For name of winner(s) send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Breckenridge Facebook Contests, PO Box 1058, BK 3; Breckenridge, CO 80424.